A stethoscope is an integral part of any doctor’s life or for that matter, of any medical student. In fact, if you had just enrolled in a medical school, then a stethoscope would be the first medical equipment or accessory that you would handle. In fact, you would be required to have it on or around your neck at all times since you never know when you would be called on to use it.
Given the essential need for a good stethoscope, it is naturally important that you should purchase one that can provide you with better acoustics that can help you diagnose a patient correctly.
Best Stethoscope In India
Given the various models currently available, picking one out could prove to be difficult which is why we have listed the top 8 best stethoscopes in India and have listed them below for your convenience. Do check them out.
Best Buy Stethoscopes Online in India
1. Rossmax Cardiology EB600 Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
Stethoscopes come in varied shapes, cost, and functionality; if you are a medical student or a doctor who had just graduated, then you may want to go for the basic sort to start off with. And depending on your speciality, you can always opt for a specialized one, with advanced functionality. This is the Best Stethoscope For Medical Students In India. This is one of the Best Stethoscope Brands in India.
In the meantime, you may want to check out this model, it comes with advanced stainless steel construction and one that you can expect to last for a long while. It certainly looks sleek enough and is reasonably priced. Check out some of the main features of this stethoscope.
- Superior acoustic sensitivity which should help facilitate speedy diagnosis
- Stainless steel construction
- Includes two interchangeable bells, two sizes of ear tips as well as an extra diaphragm
- It also comes with 2 years warranty
- It is slightly heavy and clunky to use
2. IS IndoSurgicals IndoSurgicals Dulcet Black Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
If you are a medical student, who had enrolled in the medical school, then you can go in for a basic stethoscope and upgrade later on, if required. The bottom line, you need to make sure that the stethoscope comes with some great acoustics, and to that end; you may want to check the Littman classic. This stethoscope comes with high acoustic sensitivity, as well as a nice clean, and sleek design. Check out some of its main features,
- It comes with high acoustic sensitivity, which should enable you to diagnose patients accurately
- It comes with a nice and sleek design
- It is easier to clean and maintain
- It comes with next-generation tubing that is designed to withstand all the wear and tear.
- It does not come with a complete warranty
3. Hi Tech Msi Microtone Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
When choosing a stethoscope, you first need to assess its functionality and above all, you need to check whether it is comfortable to use. That’s why you may want to check out this model as it comes reasonably priced along with a sleek design along with great functionality.
This stethoscope comes with a dual tube which should provide you with better acoustic sensitivity. It’s constructed of stainless steel which provides for durability as well.
This stethoscope is what you may want as it provides you with all the key functionality that you require and also happens to be reasonably priced as well. Check out some of the features of this stethoscope,
- Dual tube design, and provides for better acoustic sensitivity
- It comes with perfect spring action for better monitoring
- It also comes with joint less tube
- It also comes with a dual-head rapport type, for better clarity
- It carries a one-year manufacturer warranty
- The ear tips are not that soft as expected
4. Hi-Tech Msi Microtone Stethoscope – Grey
Buy From Amazon
Often, when purchasing a stethoscope, you may want to consider the purpose for which you would need it. You may require an advanced stethoscope if you have chosen to specialize in a particular specialty. But the one ‘must-have’ quality is that the stethoscope must be easy and comfortable to use. This is Best Quality Stethoscope In India.
And that’s exactly the reason why you would want to check this model out. This stethoscope is easy to use, not to mention, comfortable as well. Check out some of the main features of this stethoscope,
- It comes with an aluminum alloy anodized 45m chest piece
- The diaphragm used is printed and imported
- It comes with a sturdy head frame made of strong brass pipes
- It comes with a dual chest piece and also has a warranty for the same.
- It could come with better color options
5. ELKO EL-060 CARDIO
Buy From Amazon
While there are several stethoscopes priced quite low, most of them are not worth the money you pay for the same simply because they lack the requisite staying power and often break down in under a month. That is why you need to sort the various stethoscopes on account of their quality and choose the ones that stand out for the right reasons.
Check out some of the main features of this product,
- Both the chess pieces and the frame are constructed from aluminum, making it quite light
- It also comes with a single head chest piece
- High acoustic sensitivity
- It also contains heavy-duty PVC lining
- It also comes with soft ear tips as well as an ergonomic design as well.
- The overall design could have been better.
6. IndoSurgicals Silvery II-SS Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
This IndoSurgicals Silvery stethoscope is one best for medical practitioners and medical students, it comes with double-sided chest piece technology and soft ear tips as well.
This is most easy to use and more comfortable, along with complete you’re all requirements with under your budget. This one is Best Stethoscope For Mbbs Students.
- It comes with a Machined stainless steel chest piece
- it has been High Acoustic Sensitivity
- This is a reliable brand with an amazing look as well
- It comes with soft ear tips
- some here sound problem, we can’t listen clearly
7. 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
If you are a doctor, medical student, so stethoscope is the most important device for your profession. This 3M Littmann master cardiology stethoscope is one of the best options for you, it comes with a compact design, dual-frequency as well.
This stethoscope has soft ear knobs with the best sound quality and chrome plated chest pieces, it would be a great buy for you. This is Best Littmann Stethoscope For Medical Students.
- It comes with a brass chrome-plated open spring frame
- It has a seamless PVC tubing
- It’s come with beautiful and compact design along with a special diaphragm
- Anatomically designed headset
- It is a little bit expensive
8. Micro Tone MSI Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
When it comes to Stethoscope, then Dr. Morepen stands No.1 in other brands and this manufactures durable with all good features. This deluxe stethoscope has a chrome-plated chest piece with a special diaphragm along with softer ear knobs which provides good sound quality. This is Best Stethoscope To Hear Fetal Heartbeat.
It is a compact designed stethoscope made with seamless PVC tubing with dual-frequency. It would be a great buy for you and its the perfect stethoscope for your which completes your all requirements as well.
- It comes with all good features at a reasonable price
- It has soft ear knobs with amazing sound quality
- This stethoscope made with seamless PVC tubing which provides optimizes performances.
- It has chrome-plated chest pieces with a special diaphragm
- It comes with a compact design with beautiful looks
- This stethoscope does not come with any warranty on the product
9. 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscopes
Buy From Amazon
3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscopes is an advanced stethoscope that makes listening to the heartbeat easier. The doctor need not worry about any form of noise rupturing his diagnosis as the device produces highly efficient results. Some of the features which make the product unique are:
- Light in weight, hence it can be easily carried around the neck
- Efficient and sharp capturing of the heartbeats
- Perfection in the designing, such that there is no loss of sound of heartbeat in the way
- The manual tuning of the scope to capture even the smallest of the disturbance in frequency.
- Highly flexible, hence can be folded easily in the BP case.
- The product is highly durable since it can last for more than a couple of years.
- Issues with the flexibility of the product have been raised by the users.
10. 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
Yet another Best Littmann Stethoscope For Doctors. 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope makes you say goodbye to the excess noise from the heartbeats and the rubbing of the multiple tubes within one scope. It has increased the efficiency of the scope, which makes it one of the excellent products. Available in blue color only, let us see the various features of the product:
- Smaller in size compared to its competitors, thus pocket-friendly.
- Excellent hearing and adjustment of the frequency is provided
- Perfect design of the product taking into consideration the dynamics of acoustics
- Less in weight, hardly 350 grams which makes it easy to carry
- The product is durable and can last more than seven years.
- Perfect adjustment of the earpiece into the ear, to minimize the loss of frequency.
- No such feature of the product was unlikable by users.
These are some of the best stethoscopes arrayed in terms of their ease of use, functionality, and acoustic sensitivity. It goes without saying that the stethoscope you use, needs to be durable and must last you for some time to come.
You also need to verify if the stethoscope in question comes with a product warranty as well. And with the right stethoscope, you should be able to diagnose patients effectively.
Faqs Regarding Stethoscopes
Q1) Which Is The Best Stethoscope For Medical Students
A1) We have provided a few suggestions above, you can check and decide which one is the best for you.
Q2) What Sounds Are Best Heard With The Bell Of The Stethoscope
A2) The bell is best for detecting lower pitch sounds, like some heart murmurs, and some bowel sounds.
Q3) Which Stethoscope Is Best For Doctors
A3) If you are a doctor, check out our recommended stethoscopes provided above.
List of Best Stethoscopes In India
How to Choose Good Stethoscope?
There are numerous brands of stethoscope available in the market, but you need to ensure that you choose one of the best options for yourself. Without doing research, it can’t be easy for you to find the right kind of stethoscope for yourself. Your work also decides what type of stethoscope you will need.
There are unique requirements of every type of professional, like cardiologist, pediatrician, and gynecologist. So, when you are planning to get a stethoscope, you need to know about your needs, and then you can purchase the one which is durable and lightweight. You shouldn’t try to save money when you are going to buy a stethoscope because you do want your neck to be happy.
Accuracy is the most crucial factor which you have to consider while buying the stethoscope. Without checking the accuracy, you can’t buy a perfect tool for you. There are two types of stethoscopes available in the market, and those are acoustic and electronic.
The electronic ones are perfect for people who have to work in noisy areas. Even if you are buying an electronic stethoscope, it should have durable and thick tubing which can help to decrease outside noise and can amplify the sound. Check if the stem of the stethoscope is made from durable material and it should be best for the optimum sound transferring through the chest piece.
When tools break down within some uses, then it can be frustrating because you add your money to it. If that turns out bad for you, then it can ruin your mood, and that’s why you should purchase the stethoscope which can last for a long time.
It should meet all of your basic requirements, and the headset should contain a spring design while the chest piece needs to be hand polished. Titanium and stainless steel chest piece would also be an excellent option. You can invest in the tool with which you can get excellent warranties along with replacement options.
The stethoscope has to stay around your neck for a long time, and that’s why you need the one which is suitable for you. It should come with adjustable ear tips, and you can get the one that is available with a total of three ear tips. You can try the one which is comfortable for you and can keep the outside noise away.
Get the stethoscope with tubing, which is long enough not to make your patient uncomfortable.
Parts of a Stethoscope
When you have a proper guide about the different parts of a stethoscope, it will give you a better idea of which model to purchase. There are seven parts of a stethoscope.
- Chest piece:‘Stethos’ means chest, so we logically start from here. It is that part of the stethoscope that you hold against the patient’s chest.
Littman models have a one-sided chest piece with a tunable diaphragm while acoustic ones have two-sided – one side, the diaphragm, and the other side the bell.
- Diaphragm: Diaphragm can be one-sided or two-sided. Both the models have a flexible ring called the chill ring, which makes an airtight seal. It acts as a buffer that prevents the patient against the coldness of the part.
- The stem: It connects the chest piece to the tubing.
- Acoustic Tubes: These tubes are hollow rubber tubes connecting the chest piece to the ear tubes. Littman models now feature next-generation tubing that has greater resistance to skin oils and alcohol to increase tube life. All Littman cardiology stethoscopes consist of two-lumen tubes: Two sound paths within a single outer tube to eliminate rubbing noise commonly experienced in the traditional twin-tube stethoscope.
- Headset and ear tubes: The headset consists of ear tubes, tension springs, and ear tips. The ear tubes are positioned at anatomically set angles. The headset tension is adjusted according to the individual’s needs. It can be adjusted by either setting apart the ear tubes or squeezing them.
Electric vs. Acoustic Stethoscope
- Acoustic Stethoscope: These are the traditional stethoscopes common for daily use. They have an analog set up and work in traditional methods. It works by transferring sound from the chest piece to the ears of the doctor through the hollow pipes. It has a bell and a diaphragm on either side of the chest piece.
They are not the best ones to use. They are difficult to use in noisy environments or for sounds with low frequency. But they are the best stethoscopes for medical students or for beginners. They are affordable and would suffice their requirements.
Microtone is one of the best acoustic models in the industry. Microtone or MDF stethoscopes can be used if acoustic ones are used.
- Electric Stethoscope: These are amplified stethoscopes. These are versatile stethoscope using electricity to amplify sound. People who face problems in the hearing must opt for this type. It converts the auscultations into electric sound waves for better hearing purposes. You can use headphones, which would reduce the surrounding noise. There is a digital display to read sound waves. You can even switch between the diaphragm and the bell for low and high sound frequency. These are heavy, difficult to carry and require batteries. But they are the best stethoscopes for doctors.
Littman has one of the best models for this type.